A Schengen visa, also known as a European visa, allows eligible individuals to travel freely within the 26 participating Schengen Area countries like France, Belgium, Spain, Germany e.t.c. This means travelers in Europe will not be subject to border checks at internal Schengen borders.
Border checks remain in place for travelers crossing external borders, however. These are the borders between Schengen and non-Schengen states.
The Following Individuals Are Eligible for Unrestricted Travel in the Schengen Area:
- Schengen-country citizens
- Holders of a residence permit issued by a Schengen country
- EU/EEA citizens
- Non-EU individuals from eligible countries who are not required to obtain a Schengen visa for travel of 90 days or less
- Non-EU individuals with a valid Schengen visa
Advantages of securing a Schengen visa
- Travel freely within Schengen Countries
This is one of the advantages of securing a Schengen visa. When you obtain the visa, you are eligible to travel freely within the Schengen Area.
- Enjoy unrestricted movement:
Another advantage of securing a Schengen visa is that you can enjoy unrestricted movement in Europe. Every country puts border checks in place for travelers but it is slightly different in the case of Schengen member countries.
The exact point here is, European travelers will not have any reason to endure border checks at internal Schengen borders. For example, traveling from France to Germany will not involve any border checks.
- Access multiple European countries for a multi-destination trip:
A Schengen visa is recommended to travelers visiting Europe for tourism. You may travel with your family to celebrate anniversaries in Europe, you can plan and experience amazing multi-destination trips with ease. This is an important advantage of securing a Schengen visa